If you’re staging an event in the West End you might want to consider our listing service to get the word out.
It is easy to use, and gives you control over what you want to say.
And what’s more, we make no charge if your event is free to the public.
We charge a small fee if your event is charged.
If we approve your ad, we will post it on our website.
We will also promote the post on our social media platforms (as of January 2018 a combined 14,000 followers and growing)
IMPORTANT. IT REALLY HELPS TO USE AN ARRESTING, STRONG IMAGE – FREE OF TEXT.
POSTERS DON’T ALWAYS ‘TRAVEL’ WELL ON FACEBOOK, ESPECIALLY IT YOU WANT TO PROMOTE THEM.
BEST TO USE A SIMPLE IMAGE THAT REFLECTS YOUR EVENT – AND ONE THAT YOU HAVE THE COPYRIGHT USE OF
It takes 5 to 10 minutes to navigate the instructions – with 15 different boxes to fill in.
You will need an image ready to illustrate your post, and you will also need to describe your event … in anything from 100 words.
Just go to the ‘events’ section in the menu and follow the instructions.
Why use a website when we can use social media to get our message out?
Well, please use social media as well.
But often small organisations don’t have the social media reach to make posting effective.
If a group only has 50 followers it’s not likely it will get its message out very far.
But crucially we can share your post via our social media platforms.
We aim to post your link ONCE on our Facebook page and up to FIVE times on Twitter.
Why do you offer this service for free?
Because it’s free content to us – and you do the work!
So, please use our listing service whenever you can.
You are helping us to help you!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
* We cannot accept separate listings for individual events that make up a festival programme.
* We may limit individual organisations to 2 or 3 three listings per festival programme.
* What is posted is at the discretion of Glasgow West End Today
* An event has to have relevance to our audience
* We reserve the right to limit social media posts depending on the content and subject of the events advertised
* Images must be engaging and sized appropriately